|For the convenience of its students, accommodation in the hostels, on a shared basis, with clean and hygienic dining facilities can be provided by the Institute’s campus separately for both boys and girls.
The hostel rooms are spacious, well ventilated and are located within walking distanced from the Institute. All the hostel rooms are fully furnished with beds, study tables, chairs and inbuilt cupboards and are equipped with ceiling fans and lights, special facilities for air conditioner and refrigerator use on payment basis have been provided.
Besides, the Hostels consists of a common dining hall, a common recreation room with a T.V, an intercom (incoming) in each room, a kitchen cum pantry, common bathrooms and individual lockers. Geysers are provided in all bathrooms.
Whereas all students can apply and be considered for hostel accommodation, accommodation in the hostels cannot be claimed as a matter of right by any student. Hostel accommodation, if provided, will be considered on the basis of need and availability, in accordance with the rules and regulations laid down in this respect by the Governing Body of the Institute.
The decision of the Hostel committee constituted by the Governing Body in accepting or rejecting any application and in granting or refusing admission and in all matters relating to the efficient running and maintenance of the hostels (including maintenance of discipline therein), shall be final and binding on all concerned.
The hostels have 24 hours security arrangements with a fully trained Guard at the main entrance and round the clock vigil around the campus. The hostels have provision for indoor and outdoor games.
The hostels also have Mess Committee, Sports Committee, Maintenance Committee and Cultural Committee so that the students get a chance to involve themselves in the smooth functioning of the hostels.
The hostels have a First Aid and primary health kit for its residents. However, in case of any medical emergency they are immediately taken to the Nursing Home in the City which is on the Institute’s panel and is fully equipped with the state-of-the-art medical facilities.
Good accommodation can also be obtained at reasonable prices in the Rajkot city, which is 10 kms. away from the Institute campus. This accommodation can be obtained with the assistance of the administration department of the Institute and/or local estate agents.
| Hostel Gym Usage Policy
Students who are availing hostel facility are required to pay the fee along with tuition fee latest by the above notified date as per the following details :
||4 students per room
||Rs. 75,000 /-
The check/DD to be drawn in favor of "Marwadi Education Foundation – Hostel". Please write your name, roll no., branch, semester and Tele. No. on side of the check.
For additional facility AC Rs. 50000 extra will be charged per year.
|Rules & Regulations for Hostel Residents
- These rules and regulations shall be generally known as the Marwadi Education Foundation’s Group of Institutions Hostel Rules and Regulations.
- Every boarder of the Marwadi Education Foundation’s Group of Institutions Boys and Girls Hostels shall abide by these rules and regulations.
- HOSTEL MANAGEMENT
- The following officers constitute the Hostel Management:
a) Dean, Faculty of Management & Head, Administration
b) Member, Advisory Board
c) The Registrar
e) Hostel Manager
f) Student Representatives from all three Faculty Wings
- Each hostel is managed by a Warden/Hostel Manager who is resident in the hostel. The diners of a mess may be drawn from different hostels. Each mess is administered by a Warden.
- The students can approach any of the above officers for help, guidance and grievance redress. Representations to higher officers must be forwarded through proper channel.
- ADMISSION TO THE HOSTEL
- Student who has joined a regular course in the MEFGI shall be eligible for hostel accommodation for the duration of his/her course. However, allotment of the hostel to the student shall not be a matter of right and the Institute shall have the discretion to allot or not to allot the hostel accommodation to a particular student or a group of students based on the parameters of suitability and need, in the broader interest of the academic environment of the campus.
- Allotment of the hostel generally shall be made on the double-sharing basis. However, in exceptional cases, the Director/Head of the Institution, on the recommendation of the Warden may consider single room allotment on the payment of such higher fee as may be decided by him.
- The Hostel admission shall be renewable at the start of each academic year.
- Every boarder shall be admitted or re-admitted to the hostel within 15 days of the opening of the Institutions. Thereafter, no admission or re-admission shall be allowed except with the prior permission of the Director/Management.
- Every boarder shall vacate his/his room in the hostel within 3 days of the completion of his/her End-Semester Examinations.
- CONDITIONS OF ALLOTMENT
- At the time of admission of a student into the hostel and at the beginning of every year, each resident is required to submit a duly completed Personal Data Form. The telephone number of the parent with STD code, must be provided. Local Guardian’s address and phone number is optional. Email of the parent (if available) should also be provided. Any change of address/telephone number of the parent/local guardian, at any point of time, has to be intimated to the hostel office in writing, at once.
- The Hostel Management will generally provide minimum furniture and fittings for each room consisting of one each of cot, table, chair, ceiling fan with regulator and, a tube-light fitting.
- Rooms once allotted to the students for an academic year will not be changed except on special situations.
- The Hostel Management, in case of non-availability of rooms, can allot more than two persons per room.
- Those students who have been expelled, rusticated or suspended for any reason by the Institute, shall not be considered for hostel admission. In case such action is taken place during the continuance of the course of study, such boarder shall not be entitled to continue to enjoy any hostel facility.
- If the status of any student changes during the period of stay in the hostel, he/she is required to inform the Convener, Hostel Executive Committee immediately & should vacate the hostel if the Hostel Management finds that he/she is not eligible for hostel accommodation.
- The students are entitled for accommodation in the hostel as long as they are full time registered students. Accommodation will not be provided to any student whose registration is cancelled. Any student who is removed from the Rolls of Institute will automatically cease to be a member of the hostel.
- Hostels will remain closed during the vacations as specified in the Academic Calendar of the Gujarat Technological University from time to time. Boarders will not be allowed to stay in the hostels during that period. However, in exceptional cases, the Warden with the approval of the Director can permit a boarder to stay in the hostel for a specific period of vacation.
- Before vacating the rooms, the students should fill up the Room Vacating Slip in triplicate. The electrical installations including the fan should be handed over intact, in addition to the furniture provided to them.
- EXEMPTION FROM RESIDENCE IN HOSTEL
- If any student is denied a room in hostels by the Hostel Management due to paucity of rooms, then a complete exemption for payment of charges may be granted to the student by the Head of the Institution till such time accommodation is made available.
- CODE OF CONDUCT
- All residents are required to maintain standards of behavior expected of students of a prestigious Institution such as ours. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with everyone both inside and outside the campus.
- All residents are required to carry their valid Identity Cards issued to them by the Institute.
- The rooms, common areas and surroundings should be kept clean and hygienic. Notices shall not be pasted on walls and walls shall not be scribbled on. Spitting of Paan-Ghutka, etc. on the walls and littering of waste is strictly prohibited in the hostel premises. These are considered as punishable crimes.
- All the girl students are expected to be in the hostel before 7.00 p.m. If any student wishes to be away from the hostel during the weekend, holidays or any other time, he/she has to take prior permission from the Head of the Institution or Warden.
- Rooms are allotted to each student on his/ her personal responsibility. He/she should see to the upkeep of his/her room, hostel and its environment. Students should bring to the notice of the Warden, for all routine maintenance works (Civil, Carpentry and Electrical), if any, to be carried out in their rooms.
- Students should co-operate in carrying out maintenance work and vacate their rooms completely when the Hostel Management requires the rooms for this purpose. On such occasions, the management will try to provide alternate accommodation. If any maintenance work is to be carried out when the room is under occupation, it is the occupant’s responsibility to make the room available for the same.
The students should not screen pirated/unauthorized/unlicensed movies in their computers and common rooms. Any violation will be dealt severely. Punishment for the same will be decided by authorities.
- The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his/her occupancy of that room and will be required to make good the damage, if any. He/she is required to fill in the inventory of the furniture and other items available and hand over the furniture & other materials in good condition when he/she changes/vacates the hostel room.
- In case of damage to or loss of hostel property the cost will be recovered from the students responsible for such damage or loss, if identified, or from all the students of the hostel, as decided by the Warden/Hostel Management.
The resident shall not move any furniture from its proper allotted place and also not damage them in anyway. If there are any additional items other than the above belonging to the hostel in a room, the occupant of the room shall hand over them to the Warden, failing which he/she will be charged a penal rent as decided by the Warden.
The resident shall not remove any fittings from any other room and get them fitted in his/her room.
- The residents are required to sign a Hostel Upkeep Undertaking form, a copy of which is given as annexure. In case of any damage, the cost and a fine amount proportional to the damage shall be levied by the Hostel Management.
Ragging of students admitted to the Institute is totally banned. Any violation of this by the students will be dealt with very severely.
- For your understanding, ragging which is CRIMINAL & NON-BAILABLE Offence is defined in legal parlance as, “ display of noisy, disorderly Conduce doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear, shame or embarrassment to a student in any academic Institution and includes:- teasing, abusing, of playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such student; or asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course be willing to do”.
(Excerpts from the Directors of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in respect of curbing ragging in Educational Institutions)
The Head of the institution (Vice-Chancellor/Director/Principal, etc.) should take immediate action on receipt of the recommendation of the Disciplinary Committee. He can also take action suo motto if the circumstances so demand.
Freshers should be encouraged to report incidents of ragging. Those who do not do so even when being witnesses or victims, should also be punished suitably.
When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, collective punishment could be resorted to as a possible deterrent measure, as it would ensure community pressure on the potential raggers not to indulge in ragging.
All senior students, hostellers and day scholars, are required to sign an Anti-Ragging Undertaking Form.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic drinks and/or narcotic drugs in the hostel premises is strictly prohibited. Students shall not enter the hostel premises in intoxicated state and should not possess such materials. Severe action will be taken if any resident is found to violate this, resulting in expulsion from hostels and rustication from the Institute. Hostel zone is a smoke-free zone in the Institute. Students should not smoke inside the hostel room/common room/dining hall/toilets/ corridors/terrace etc. Depending on the case, the management reserves the right to take direct disciplinary action, amounting to even expulsion at short notice from the hostel.
- Employing unauthorized persons for personal work such as washing clothes, etc., is not permitted. Members of the mess staff should not be asked to enter the hostel premises on any account.
- Any student who is found to be indulging in undesirable activities such as physical assault, damage to properly, etc., will be liable to the following punishments:
a) He/she will be expelled from the hostel.
b) A record of his / her misconduct will be made in the personal file.
c) The cost of damage will be fully recovered from him/her together with penalty.
d) He/she will also be fined commensurate with the offence committed.
e) The privilege of appearing for campus interviews will be denied, when he/she reaches the final year.
f) No recommendations will be given to him/her for studies abroad.
- Any student found hosting/ harbouring an offender will be also liable to the punishments mentioned in rule 7.18
- Residents should not participate in any anti-national, anti-social or undesirable activity in or outside the campus. The visit of a person of the opposite sex to the hostel is restricted to common room and lounge.
- A guest of a resident may be permitted, with the prior approval by the Warden/Hostel Management Committee for not more than a week on payment of the necessary charges, as fixed by the Hostel Management from time to time. The guest can be permitted only if the permission is obtained prior to entertaining the guest in the room. For this purpose every person other than resident of the hostel will be considered as a guest for definition.
- Entertaining unauthorized guests will lead to severe punishment including expulsion from the hostel.
- No overnight guests are permitted in a student’s room without permission of the Warden/Hostel Management. No person of the opposite sex either guest or otherwise shall be permitted to stay overnight in any part of the hostel.
- All visitors to the hostel including the parents/guardians will have to make necessary entries in the visitor’s book available at the hostel entrance with the security guard.
- The visit of men students to the women’s hostel and vice versa is restricted.
- USE OF APPLIANCES
- The use of electrical appliances such as immersion heaters, electric stove/heaters/ electric iron are forbidden in any of the rooms allotted for residence. Private cooking in the hostels/student’s room is strictly forbidden. Such appliances, if found will be confiscated and a fine will also be imposed.
- The uses of audio systems which may cause inconvenience to other occupants are not allowed. The use of personal TV, VCR and VCD/DVD is prohibited. The students should not hire objectionable CDs from outside.
- When the students go out of their room they should switch off all the electrical / electronic appliances, and keep it locked (at all times). Violation will attract suitable penalty and punishment as decided by authorities.
- COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- General damage to the hostel property will be the collective responsibility of all the residents and they will be required to make good such damage, if the students who caused the damage could not be identified.
- Residents should not indulge in practices/activities, which may endanger their own personal safety as well as others.
- Residents will be personally responsible for the safety of their belongings.
- Residents are required to obey all traffic rules inside the campus.
Residents are duty bound to report to the Warden/Hostel Management in casethey notice any unwanted incident or undesirable activity going on in the hostel or on the campus.
Residents are required to park their cycles/two-wheelers/vehicles only in the space provided for them in an orderly manner. No cycles/two-wheelers/vehicles should be parked at the entrance or in the corridors.
- Use of powered vehicles by students has been banned. Residents violating this rule are liable for punishment. Powered vehicles brought to the campus will be handed over to the Police.
- Students should not arrange any functions or meeting within the hostel or outside or within the Institute campus without specific permission of the concerned authorities.
- Students should not arrange for any picnic outside without specific permission of the Warden/Hostel Management.
- Residents are required to be conscious of the environment in which they live by keeping it clean, healthy and presentable. Students should not throw litter indiscriminately and should not use non-bio-degradable items, such as carry bags.
- The residents of the hostel are responsible for the safe keeping of their personal belongings. They are advised to keep under lock (preferably a branded one) all valuable items such as Laptop, Mobile Phone, etc. and lock the room even when they are out for a short period.
- Any case of theft should be reported promptly to the Security Officer.
- The jurisdiction of MEFGI is confined to the campus. If our students create law and order problems outside the campus, they are answerable to the police and the Institution will not be liable for their acts.
- The students when they go out should plan to return to the campus before 10:00 p.m.
Students staying in hostels are advised not to go out in large groups which are difficult to control. If you get involved in unpleasant situations, you are not the only one to be affected. You end up creating a bad impression of our Institute.
- MEFGI will do its utmost to protect you as long as you are on the right side of the law. Do not overstep your limits. Help us to help you.
- Any breach of these rules will invite an enquiry that will be conducted by the Hostel Management. If the student is found guilty, then the Hostel Management will take disciplinary action that it deems fit. Depending on the case, the management reserves the right to take direct disciplinary action, amounting to even expulsion at short notice from the hostel.
- The Hostel Management reserves its right to change these rules from time to time keeping the students informed through general circulars displayed on the hostel notice boards.